Join the National Grid Demand Flexibility Service with equiwatt!

Super excited to announce that we are an approved provider for the new National Grid Demand Flexibility Service (DFS), which means up to 3x more points could be passed on to you during specific National Grid DFS aligned equivents! :tada:

As a community already used to saving peak time energy, this exciting new initiative gives you an even greater opportunity to help the planet and modernize the UK grid whilst saving money!

To take part you just need a connected Smart Meter with half-hourly readings.

Please click here to find out how these events would work. Feel free to use this thread to clarify any further questions you have about this new initiative!

3 Likes

Brilliant going from strength to strength

1 Like

Octopus Energy are also an approved provider of the demand flexibility service and invited their customers to opt in for potential benefits. Can I opt in to both the Octopus Energy and Equiwatt DFS events when I receive advanced notice for them?

1 Like

The regs only allow opt in to one or the other (octo or equiwatt) I am working out which works out better but need a few to run to compare.

1 Like

@Oliver_Dawson Like @Arfan_Bhatti said, you can only get paid via one as it’s the same scheme. But you can try both in different events. We’re hoping to offer the smoothest experience & the best rewards to you guys (we’ve been doing this for years!).

1 Like

@mahen Thank you for confirming. I’ll stick with one next time. The trial showed that equiwatt has the edge in terms of potential returns.

1 Like

I’m definitely biased but I’d say that we do too :grin:

Do you operate the smart plugs as well for these events? I turned them off manually yesterday before the equiwatt notification arrived as I wasn’t sure whether you did and I think that resulted in zero points from the plugs. However, the smart meter returned 44 points which is similar to normal equivents.

1 Like

Hi @Oliver_Dawson, we do turn them off for these events as well, but you don’t get points through them, they’re all added to the Smart Meter points. So turning them off manually accomplishes the same really.

1 Like

There was a notification for a DFS event today which I think I signed up for but the app does not show any information about it. I think the invitation stated it was between 6pm and 7pm but I have received an email from Octopus which states that it is between 5pm and 7pm. So which is it and does it indicate in the app somewhere? Thanks.

Hi! Yes, the National Grid (trial) requirement is between 5 pm - 7pm. equiwatt will be participating from 6-7pm.

Hi @mahen , I inadvertently clicked the wrong button in the app yesterday, and opted out of today’s DFS event. Doh…
Is there a way for me to opt back in, ie could you set my account back to ‘waiting for opt in’, so I can have another go and click the right button this time?!
Thanks

1 Like

Option to opt back in just popped up in the app - great work, thanks @mahen

1 Like

Great! I was just writing you a reply asking to check now :grinning: