Cancel equievent opt in

After opting into todays equi event I have changed my mind and now dont want to participate. I cant see a way to cancel.
Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel?

Thanks

Hi @Wayne_Gronow,

It is currently not possible for you to Opt-out via the app if you have previously opted into an equivent. Although I will feed this back to the team to see if this is a feature we can enable in the future.

In the meantime, if you wish to be opted out then please contact us at hello@equiwatt.com and one of our team will be able to manually do that for you.

However, if you no longer wish to participate and don’t have any smart devices connected to your equiwatt account then there is no need for you to do anything. You can simply use your appliances as you normally would and you simply won’t earn any points.

If you do have any smart devices connected then you can simply head to the app, select your plugs and switch the ‘participate in equivents’ toggle button to off to prevent them from taking part in the event.

I hope this helps.

Mark - Team equiwatt

Thanks for the reply. @Mark_equiwatt
I have disabled the smart plugs now so they wont switch off.
Ive only done it because I have solar panels. I never earn any points at this time of year. Unfortunately, allowing appliances to switch off when my panels are generating and then having to pay for grid electricity to catch up doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Hi @Wayne_Gronow no problem. We understand that participating in events doesn’t always make sense for users with solar panels. As mentioned previously we are working on a way to reward users with solar panels for exporting back to the grid so do keep an eye out for more information on that in the coming months.

Mark - Team equiwatt

2 Likes