Kasa plug major fault

Came downstairs this morning to a weird ticking noise, turns out the KP115 plug has failed and constantly turns on and off and flashes red, won’t reset either.

I’m amazed my fridge freezer still works as this is what was plugged in to the kasa plug. (also glad it didn’t catch fire or something)

How do i get equiwatt to RMA / refund the plug as i redeemed it through from points?

Here’s a video of the fault: https://youtube.com/shorts/bRA7zcxEHyM

Exactly the same thing happened to my KASA smart plug two days ago. This has happened to me before perhaps about 7/8 months ago. Both times the plugs were connected to ny fridge freezer. Clearly there is a fault with these plugs. I don’t think these are isolated faults and KASA should admit they have a problem with this plug.

Hi @Ganey and @Malcolm_Sclanders,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced with your TP-Link Kasa Plugs. We understand that this issue is frustrating for you. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over the behaviour of the Kasa Plug hardware.

However, we are already in contact with TP-Link regarding this issue and are working with them to get them to resolve it and provide a solution moving forward.

In the meantime, we are happy to send out replacement plugs for any damaged ones that have been claimed from us or alternatively, we are happy to award you the value of the plug in points (2000 points) since you have redeemed them from our store.

I look forward to hearing back from you with what option you would like to go forward and we can take further actions accordingly.

Thanks again for your patience and for being part of the equiwatt community.

Haha, TP-Link won’t even acknowledge that their plugs are incompatible with their own dual-band routers. I wouldn’t hold your breath for any resolution.

Equiwatt did replace my KP115 free of charge when the same happened to me. I initially tried TP-Link, but they fobbed me off without a receipt / proof of purchase.

Can i get the points please? I can then get a voucher and try a different brand of plug via the webhooks and home assistant for events

Hi @Ganey, You have now been awarded 2000 points. Thanks for your patience and for being part of equiwatt community.

1 Like