Kasa Plugs losing connectivity after Equivent

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a pattern of Kasa KP115 smart plugs losing their connectivity after an equivent finishes?

I’ve replaced 3 x KP115 plugs that I assumed were faulty. They went offline (in both Equiwatt and the Kasa app) post-equivent, and I had to manually turn the units off and back on at the wall for them to be recognised.

No changes to our Wi-Fi. Signal strength all good.

With the equivent being the thread between these faults, I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this?

Richard Tubb.

Hi @Richard_Tubb ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced with your TP-Link Kasa Plugs. We understand that this issue is frustrating for you. I have raised a ticket with the tech team and we will get back to you with a solution.

Thanks again for your patience and for being part of the equiwatt community.

Hi @Richard_Tubb ,

Our technical team has diligently investigated the matter at hand and would greatly appreciate your assistance in providing additional details.

Specifically, we kindly request clarification on the following points:

1. Is the occurrence of this issue consistent after every event?
  2. Can you confirm whether the KASA plugs are also indicated as offline within the KASA app?

Your prompt response with this information would greatly aid our efforts in resolving the issue efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Warm regards,
Ragav Krishnakumar
Team equiwatt

Ragav,

I’ve had at least five different Kasa KP115 plugs lose their connectivity.

However, the pattern now shows it is not just after Equivents, but at totally random times.

I resolve the issue by physically turning the plugs off, then back on, but the same plugs often lose their connectivity again at an intermittent time.

I’ve replaced the KP115 plug’s that are affected, and the problem has not returned with the new plugs (yet).

Therefore, I don’t know if this is an Equivent issue, a KP115 issue, or something else!

I’d be happy to work with you to find a resolution, but I wanted to give you all the information first.

Richard Tubb.

Hi @Richard_Tubb ,

Thank you for your prompt response. After thorough investigation, we have determined that the issue appears to stem from faulty plugs rather than an integration problem with our application. Regrettably, there is not much we can do in this case.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance or clarification.

Regards,
Ragav Krishnakumar
Team equiwatt