Re-consent smart meter access

I am being asked to swipe to reconnect, which I do, apparently successfully.

But the prompt to reconnect remains. I don’t know whether I have been reconnected, and the error is in the prompt, or not.

Also I have observed recently on 2 hour powerSmart events my smart switches turning back on after 1 hour. I have removed my Kasa integration for now and am participating in events manually.

I’m having the exact same issue. 4 times iv reconsented today

I’m locked out :frowning:

I get a splash screen saying they can’t automatically verify [your] smart meter (something that’s been an issue on my account for years, but not affected participation till now) but this screen blocks the whole app. The only button is to Sign Out. I can’t Opt in to tonight’s event.

My advice would be to leave this Swipe bar well alone!

As for the 1hr smart switch duration; this is default behaviour to protect the goods in your fridge. Removing the Kasa integration consent is the only (current) solution :+1:

I think, like you Rich_T, I am connecting to the smart meter OK. It’s just the message that is wrong. I will avoid swiping (thanks for the warning) and will stick to manual participation.

I was asked for reconsent.

I chose the bank account method as I couldn’t be bothered with alternative options.

So I paid £3, I expected a £0 transaction. Expecting having paid, the verify would be quick.

2 days later I still have “our team are on it, and should verify shortly”.

I’m getting notifications to take part in events, but…

I have had the same issue. Paid to verify etc and stuck on the final screen. No notifications of events, can’t access my Home Screen/account. Only thing I can do is sign out or get on here.

Been like this for 5 days now. Has anyone heard from Equiwatt with any explanation?

Hi everyone,
Thanks for reporting this, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. We identified an issue with retrieving smart meter data, which affected the re-consent process and, in some cases, prevented access to parts of the app.

We’ve now deployed a fix and are monitoring the issue closely. If you’ve already completed the re-consent process, please try accessing the app again. If you’re still seeing the re-consent prompt or are unable to access the app, please let us know so we can investigate further.

We’ve also noted the feedback regarding smart switches turning back on during longer powerSmart events and will review this separately.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding. We hope to see you all participating in our upcoming powerSmart events! :high_voltage:

As of 23 hours ago I am still getting asked to re-consent. This time however there is no red splash screen and no way to re-consent is offered.

I am now participating manually only, but today for the first time I got this when choosing “I’m participating manually”:

There was nothing I could do to rectify it.

On the matter of smart switches turning on after one hour this is really quite serious. I have removed my Tapo account from the app and my smart switches no longer show under Devices. Despite this Equiwatt is still controlling my smart switches. Not to put too fine a point on it, this is an invasion of my privacy.

Went through the reconsent, then got the you need more time message and now I get the whoops unable to opt you in error now.

Same here. Can Equiwatt please tell us when we can participate again? I have missed 4 events?! Thank you in advance.

Hi Pamela, We can confirm that your account is all set for you to participate in events. Please disregard any “Reconsent Required” notifications you may have received over the last couple of days.